About Me

Calgary, AB, Canada
I am a 24 year old student athlete racing for the UCI Continental H and R Block Pro Cycling Team. I am also working on attaining my degree in Kinesiology from the University of Calgary.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Just do it

There are many things that confuse me in this big wide world, but out of all the complexities out there, I can't for the life of me figure out why after eating what seems to be enough food to feed a small African country, my body is craving for more. It seems as though i spend many hours of the day searching, prepping and eating food. If i would have been born five thousand years ago, i would have been a hunter AND and gatherer... and probably would have eaten everything before returning to my village.

Here are ten signs that i am morphing into an athlete:

1- My already hobbit like body is slimming down to the point that if i turn sideways, I disappear.
2- I have eaten more Mexican burritos than a fully grown Mexican man consumes in his entire life.
3- I can now give you the bulk bin numbers of all dried fruits for the Whole Foods grocery store.
4- When observing the nutrition tab on most foods, i have to quintuple the recommended daily intakes because 2000 calories is what i have for breakfast.
5- I sprinted at 1500 watts to catch an ice cream truck that had chocolate swirls
6- I eat a loaf of french bread before dinner so that i don't pass out while i'm cooking
7- Most evening turn into this:


8- I can't fit my pants over my quads but i need a belt to do them up at the waist.
9- I think its an accomplishment if i can nap for more than 2 hours then proceed to have a 12 hour sleep.
10- *Best of all* Im excited to fall asleep because i know that when i wake up, i can try to beat the world record of coffee consumption in one sitting ( i try my best every day)

Off to LA to ride in circles for the week.

Some GoPro shots of San Diego:



No comments:

Post a Comment