About Me

Calgary, AB, Canada
I am a 24 year old student athlete racing for the UCI Continental H and R Block Pro Cycling Team. I am also working on attaining my degree in Kinesiology from the University of Calgary.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Back At It: 2013

My preparations for the 2013 season are now well underway as i have headed south to the land of palm trees and beaches for the next 6 weeks. San Diego will be home base while I lay the base down for a new season with the Trek Red Truck squad. After a brief stint back at school working on filling my brain with knowledge and what not, i am back at it on the bike and ready to let'r rip. The team has many returning riders with a couple new young faces thrown into the mix and i look forward to racing with all of them. Highlighted races for the season included the Merco Cycling classic along with the Tour of Gila and BC Super week. Other races on the radar include Mt hood, Cascade and Nationals back in beautiful St George de Beauce, Quebec.

My first week down here in San Diego saw me have an untimely meeting with a racoon that jumped across the bike path directly into my front wheel. As the rules of gravity followed, i choreographed a great side body hip role onto the cement while managing to inflict more damage onto myself then my bike ( body parts heal, bike parts cost money). After a couple good left sided nights of sleep, i was back in the saddle. The riding outside of san diego is amazing! You can head north to visit the cool beaches that line highway 101 or head east into the mountains for hours of undisturbed mountain climbs.



Racoon 1 Bailey 0






Gravel climbs and Sunny skies 

Tomorrow I'm heading to the world famous Torrey Pines Golf course to watch Tiger Woods potentially win his first PGA tournament of the year (pictures to follow). Any one needing a pick me up tune should definitely throw this one in the itunes library. BOOM 

No comments:

Post a Comment