About Me

Calgary, AB, Canada
I am a 24 year old student athlete racing for the UCI Continental H and R Block Pro Cycling Team. I am also working on attaining my degree in Kinesiology from the University of Calgary.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

I dont think that there is a much better feeling then riding sans gloves on open flat roads with bright blue skies and the sun shining in your face. Its that feeling where you don't have to worry about anything else and pedaling your bike is the only thing on your mind. My return to Calgary this week has welcomed me with 4 straight days of beautiful positive double digit weather. Not only have i been blessed with this great weather but i also had the opportunity to ride the new bike. I really can not explain how nice this bike is with words. Its a light as a feather and i can NOT wait to get it going fast. Plus, check out the 14 day trend for calgary over the next few weeks (here). I hope this means many new rides with the new bike. Can't believe its winter...

I enjoyed some lovely/ healthy snacks while watching the Superbowl this afternoon. NOT. but hey, if i can't consume bacon wrapped potatoes after a 12 hour riding weekend, when can I? Also making headlines in the sporting world this week: my NBA fantasy team is now 6 and 0 after clinching a last minute win on sunday (its all luck i think). All i can say is thank god Lebron James is such a superstar. I picked the wrong sport, professional basketball has my name all over it.

The monthly planning is starting to get going with my tickets to Tucson officially in my hand. Although with the great weather we have been getting in Calgary, im not sure I'll be needing to go anywhere soon. Knowing Alberta weather though, I'll be expecting snow and minus 30 by next week.

My only internet find of the weeks comes from hours of listening to Yelle on youtube. Check it here . I can see this being me in years to come haha. My GoPro is now in the mail on its way to California. It had some technical issues so i needed to send it back. Unfortunately, i have no new pictures for you but ill snap some shots this week and post them.

Happy to be home

No comments:

Post a Comment